Wednesday, October 16, 2013

                        Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
 
What to you make on a cold day like to day why chocolate chip cookie's my friend's
who does not love a warm cookie on days like this, now lets get to the cookie I what you to give this recipe a try I know everyone has that go to chocolate chip recipe there been use in for ever like toll house I know I did so back to the point I what it to do some thing new so that get me into research mode and I find it Jacques Torres he a renowned chocolatier and pastry chef.
 
I get his recipe for the new York times article I made it and I love it but it was missing something so I search out other's blog's that had made this cookies see what they did and I find the one I like more it was what I had been looking for in my kind chocolate chip cookies thick but not to thick, warm, gooey and chewy.
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
1 cup cake flour
3/4 cup bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/4 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
10 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (I used what I had at the time )

fleur de sel

Mix first five ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.  In a mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla together until creamy, about 5 minutes.  Add egg and mix, then add dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until everything is well incorporated.  Add chocolate chips and mix by hand to distribute.  Form the dough into a compact ball in the bowl, and press plastic wrap directly against the dough.  Refrigerate dough for at least 24 hours, up to 48 hours. 

To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Scoop out dough and form into balls that are approximately 1 3/4-2 inches in diameter.  This is the size I found to be ideal.  Place on prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart.  Sprinkle each with a pinch of fleur de sel, and bake until golden brown; about 15-17 minutes, depending on how soft you want the center of your cookies.  Cool baking sheet on a wire rack, then transfer cookies to the rack to cool completely.  (Or eat them right away!)  This recipe will make about 18-20 cookies that are 3-3 1/2 inch in diameter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment